Phil Fonfara started his first business as a teen which he successfully ran for five consecutive summers. This experience led to an opportunity with New North, Inc. where he managed the Fast Forward startup accelerator program & supported investor relations. Most recently Phil worked in commercial banking in the Appleton area before joining the gener8tor team. A Wisconsin native, Phil received degrees in Business Administration and Economics from St. Norbert College.
gBETA is a free, six-week accelerator for early-stage companies. Each program is capped at five teams, and requires no fees and no equity.
gener8tor is a nationally ranked accelerator that invests in high-growth startups. Three times a year we invest up to $90K in each of five startups who receive a concierge experience during our 12-week program. gener8tor supports the growth of these startups through our network of experienced mentors, technologists, corporate partners, angel investors and venture capitalists.
In this episode of Kids In The Tank, we discuss:
- What is the coolest company your team has worked with at gener8tor?
- Advantages and disadvantages in running gBETA in Beloit, WI.
- What types of companies does gener8tor invest in and why?
- What is the favorite part of your job?
- What can we expect to see with gener8tor in the next 5-10 years?
- What was your experience like at New North, Inc.?
- What is a typical day in the office for a Commercial Credit Analyst?
- What excites you the most about your potential careers and life after high school or college?
- What is your take on social media, how do you use it, and where do you see it going in the future?
- What is your dream?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
Where To Find The Podcast
Whether you prefer iTunes, Google Play, or just want to watch the podcast video on YouTube, we have you covered. We are regularly updating the podcast so check us out wherever you stream podcasts because we are there! Don’t forget to leave a review and subscribe.
Get New Episodes!
Subscribe to be notified via email when new episodes are available! Plus details on what’s happening with BizTank!