Eric Kau has experience at three Fortune 50 companies as well as two hyper growth startups. He has spent his career building teams and businesses, with a focus on operational excellence through technology and process implementation. He has a track record of financial success, including multiple investor events.
Currently, Eric is the Chief Operating Officer at Boxycharm, which is the fastest growth cosmetic subscription box in the industry. Prior to Boxycharm, Eric led Chewy.com’s Merchandising Operations team for 3.5 years, including the record setting sale to Petsmart. He has also held roles at Amazon (GM-Nutrition), Best Buy (Strategy Manager) and Target (various).
Eric has a degree in Marketing from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and a MBA from the University of Minnesota. He currently lives in Parkland, FL with his wife and three children.
In this episode of Kids In The Tank, we discuss:
- How has your experience as Director of Merchandising influenced what you do now?
- What’s the best financial advice you have for our generation?
- How did you go from a company that distributes Pet Supplies to a company that distributes Makeup?
- Looking at our generation now, do you think it’s worth going to college?
- Would you have seen yourself doing this 10 years ago?
- Where there any times you second guessed yourself about what you wanted to major in?
- What’s the number one factor you think about when trying to decide what to do after high school?
- What type of advertising do you feel most impacts you?
- How are you influenced to purchase things?
- Where do you go to get information about big purchases?
- What would you like to see changed in the education system?
- If you could move to any city in the US, which one would you move to?
Where To Find The Podcast
Get New Episodes!
Subscribe to be notified via email when new episodes are available! Plus details on what’s happening with BizTank!